I haven’t had much luck hunting for this girl, since she was one of those not too many dolls I wanted complete, but recently I was lucky enough to get her through a trade:)
Her face is sooo gorgeous and alive, she could very well be the most underrated Giselle out there.
I’m not really a gown person, but some gowns are just exceptional and this is one of those. It has a nice weight caused by all those layers of fabric and the fit is just perfect! I wish we got more dolls like this in 2012:)
I’ve been very busy with work and Christmas preparations, so I haven’t been very active lately, but today I felt in the mood for a holiday themed photoshoot. So here’s my Point of Departure Eugenia wishing ya’all Merry Christmas & a Happy 2012! :D
I like the brunette Eugenia, but.. I’m dreaming of the strawberry blonde version..
Like, I love the idea of special and very limited versions of a certain doll, but just not when the regular doll gets to have those red eyebrows that are clearly meant to go with the ‘special’ version. And I just noticed that this Eugie’s lower lip is slightly different color as well.. and I was staring to think I messed something up in photoshop lol.
She’s probably the rarest FR doll I own, as only 50 raven ones have been made. But at the same time, not really, since there are 100 more brunette and 150 tan blonde workshop Korinnes out there..
Tbh I’m not as thrilled about her as I thought I would be, the mold seemed to be much nicer/feminine/youthful on photos, I really love her unusual makeup palette though
She has a pretty unique profile:
At first I thought that her hands were supposed to be some unused factory leftovers or sth(I’ve never seen this curved hands version to go with nrfb dolls), but as it turns out, the nailpolish seems to match her toes polish, so she was kinda meant to come with these.
She does not have any additional replacement hands :[
The top part of the dress is lovely, but the fit is awful, it seems like it was sewn for a doll that has no waist.. Also why did they have to ruin it with cheap golden chain embroidery is beyond me.
It also has a cute ‘surprise’ bow in the back :)
This doll is amazing. ‘Nuff said.
Her eyeshadow is beautiful two toned indigo blue with slight metallic/glossy finish, her lower lip actually appears glossier and lighter than her upper one.. same was with Dress Code Vanessa.
The hair is a blend of two very close colors, but it looks like a solid color unless you put her under a microscope or sth. She looks stunning in both, real life and in front of the camera. I switched mine to a FR2 body that she rightfully deserves :)
Got my Malicious outfit recently.. Absolutely loved it, just it’s a shame that the dress is a single piece, that corset would be amazing for mixing and matching .. and that the legendary necklace is impossible to put on without removing a doll’s head..
but of course I had to see for myself…
and now I can definitely confirm that you indeed cannot put it on without making an extensive damage to the necklace and/or the doll.. From what it seemed like, if two hinges in the back got removed the opening would be wide enough to fit around the neck. Well, not really.. after lots of bending and pretty much breaking it, it actually fits. Just now it slips down when it’s on, so I stuck a piece two-sided tape to hold it in place.. well, at least it looks pretty?:P
For only $7500 this Moschino Barbie could be yours
Sheesh even official The Blonds OOAK Barbies were only 5K and this one is LE100
Funny this is actually one Barbie I really wouldn't mind having, but only for 1/100th of that price:p ×0
- to be honest, I didn't Looove any of the registration dolls. Poppy is sweet, but too tan and colorful for me, don't care for Ollie sculpt and his beard and his 80s nostalgia look, and as for the Agnes, I don't like the screening with the overdefined eyelid creases. She doesn't even look like Agnes to me.. She reminds me of Lana Turner dolls from Hollywood Royalty line for some reason, perhaps because of the stiff expression. but I still might join with her though lol I'm just torn between 2 base memberships and 1 base membership+Agnes. I really miss those times when upgrade dolls were offered at a lower cost comparing to their usual retail.. for example in 2011, membership with Kyori doll was $140 total, so technically it was just $90 for the doll, in 2012 membership with ready to dare natalia was $145, so not that bad too, and 2012 upgrade poppy+membership was $135 and now it's $170 :/ ×0
- did not win christmas poppy...and i thought with bigger edition size and after not winning 2 last lotteries i'd have a pretty good chance. but no such luck. congrats to those who won and not have her listed on ebay right now ×0
- luckily for my wallet, those two mysterious new dolls turned out to be Victoire's..
À La Maison
Départ Pour L'Orient
i don't collect/cover the line, but you can go ahead and order them and/or see more pictures on IT dealers sites
These two FR: Nipon dolls will be available on Tuesday December 9th, 2014 (Tokyo time) from http://frnippon.com
They are limited to 300 each and retail for JP/17,000 / approx. $140
On Monday December 8th at Noon Eastern Time IT Direct is going to put some of its current stock on sale
Also we got a shipping update of the following dolls:
Edge Vanessa will be shipped on 'Week of December 15th, 2014'
Mademoiselle Jolie on 'Week of January 5th, 2015'
- Rare Appearance Dania Zarr
the final 2014 Wclub doll was announced:
Item # 91353
Dania Zarr Dressed Doll
Official 2014 W Club Exclusive
Limited Edition Size: TBA
Special W Club Suggested Retail Price: $130.00
Estimated Shipping Date: Approximately Spring 2015
Doll Tech Specs:
Scale: 12.5-inch / 1:6 Scale
Head Sculpt: Dania Zarr
Body Sculpt: FR2 2013
Skin Tone: Japan
Hair: Deep Brunette
Quick Switch Feature: No
Eyelashes: Yes, hand-applied
My very first instinct was to place a preorder for her.. but..the more i thought about it, the less certain i was..
1. first of all, it is Dania. for me, it's not the character that sticks around.
2. her dress is hideous. actually this might have been the dealbreaker for me, because i do like pale blue eyed dolls with dark hair type.. but that cheap looking dress is more suitable for ITBE line, not a $130 exclusive
3. she looks alot like Purity Dasha. Not a bad thing, just repetition is pretty boring. Both were club dolls, both had 'original brunette' hair color, both have japan skintone and blue eyes and wear a white sheath dress.
4. the catchlight in her right eye seems to be missing
5. possibility that quality issues might not be resolved in 2015
so all that said...i think i probably should pass. ×0
- also the new license was announced..
"The Integrity Toys team is proud to announce a license to create a line of high-end fashion dolls based on the iconic looks and characters of AMERICAN HORROR STORY: COVEN!"
The first dolls will be unveiled next spring.. and here is the promo ad.. i wonder if the dolls will be more disturbing than what we're used to
I only watched one episode and was rather unimpressed by the show, but if this was the line which would be replacing Jem, I think I'd be at least a bit excited.. but unfortunately, Jem line was extended into 2015:( I don't have that much against Jem per se, just knowing that the more dolls IT produces in a year, the more quality of most their products seems to suffer, I'm obviously not too happy about another year of Jem.
but speaking of Jem, they made an announcement about Techrat: "on the final production version his hair line will start slightly further from the center and he does in fact have high top shoes." ×0
- That Holiday Feeling Poppy Parker
A bit overdue, but.. below is repost about Christmas Poppy which is available via lottery in wclub..because nothing puts you in a holiday spirit like missing out on the newest hot doll of the moment.
Although, we'll have to wait and see about that one. The prototype clearly has very messed up eyeliner.. I wonder if all of them will come like that.
Item # PP071
That Holiday Feeling
Poppy Parker™ Dressed Doll
IT Direct Exclusive
Limited Edition of 800 Dolls
Special W Club Suggested Retail Price: $120.00
Doll Tech Specs:
Scale: 12-inch / 1:6 Scale
Head Sculpt: Poppy Parker
Body Sculpt: Poppy Parker
Skin Tone: FR White
Quick Switch Feature: No
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
MissJay on FR:16 vs AvantGuards Body ComparisonThese dolls are 16", if you want a doll like the pale one with blue eyeshadow then look for 'avantguards' on ebay, the tan one is...
MissJay on Merry Christmas!aww that's so sweet! Thank you!!!
LuiZ on Merry Christmas!Merry Christmas to you too! Thank you for giving us a year of awesome photos and your commentary of the doll world! This is my favorite...
- Fashion Royalty (97)
- FR2 (11)
- FR:16 / Avantguards (12)
- Monster High (11)
- Other (7)
- Poppy Parker (4)
- Sybarites (15)
- Archive Page
- 2014 Tulabelle Collection
- 2014 Poppy Parker Girl from I.N.T.E.G.R.I.T.Y Collection
- 2014 Jem and the Holograms
- Fashion Royalty Spring 2014 Collection
- 2014 Gloss Convention Collection Official Promo Pictures and Information
The pictures presented on this site may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or redistributed in any way without my written permission.
You may, however, repost my photos with a proper credit and linkback on forums, your personal blogs, non-commercial sites etc.
You may not edit or alter my work in any way and/or take credit for it.